Saturday, June 16, 2007

This Is Who I am

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Who is it that I am,
Just another face in the crowd,
Just another person with a voice,
Afraid to speak out loud

Who is it that I am,
Just another passerby,
Desperate to make a difference,
In this world before I die

And I'm sorry if I'm not perfect,
I'm trying the best I can,
And I'm sorry if I'm not everything you want to see,
All I want to be is who I am

Everyone around me is just a stereotype,
That I pass by with an empty smile,
I can only hope that somewhere in the crowd,
I'll find someone who is worth while

Because everyone only wants to be the best,
With the newest clothes and the fastest car,
What ever happened to being yourself?
What ever happened to being who you are?

And I'm sorry if I'm not perfect,
But it won't help any of this strife,
I'm sorry if I don't care for being perfect,
But there is so much more to life

I may not have lived much of my life,
But I have learned to see,
Beyond the surface, to somewhere deeper,
Somewhere underneathe

Somewhere that's beyond the looks,
Beyond the money and the fame,
To the place that truly matters,
That makes people more than just a name

I'm sorry if I'm not like those around me,
A beautiful, shining gem,
But I know from what I've learned in life,
I don't want to be like them

Because I'm something beyond that perfection,
Something that they could never be,
Because I'm not hiding beneathe the lies, the make up,
All that I am is me.

No comments: